Not enough to do on Picnic Day? Consider these events!
By Dateline staff
All of UC Davis is an open house on Picnic Day, and this year we’ll have an open house, literally, during our open house.
We’ve got some other suggestions, too, for Saturday (April 12).
The open house open house is the Honda Smart Home in UC Davis West Village. Honda and UC Davis unveiled the home last week, and held tours through the weekend.
Now, for Picnic Day, more tours are scheduled: from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Honda Smart Home US is at 299 N. Sage St., north of the village square. See Google map.
CAAA Pancake Breakfast — For alumni, students, parents, everyone! 7:30-9:30 a.m., Freeborn Hall. The Cal Aggie Alumni Association also presents the Vintage Aggies Wine Tasting, 6:30-8:30 p.m. Friday (April 11), Shields Library.
University Honors Program Art Exhibition and Silent Auction — Basement Gallery, Art Building.
Arboretum and Public Garden — Seed-bombing, eco-pot making, and more hands-on activities, highlighting the arboretum-public garden’s focus on sustainable gardening. 10 a.m.-3 p.m., Vanderhoef Quad.
Galleries and museums
- Nelson Gallery — Hollingshead: The Art of the Portrait, works by the late Woodland photographer Paul Hollingshead; Degenerate Art, presented by the Davis Art Salon; and Another California: Perspectives from the Museum of Contemporary Art San Diego. Nelson Hall.
- C.N. Gorman Museum — Wendy Red Star: new and iconic photographic works, and hybridized regalia. Complimentary coffee and tea. 1316 Hart Hall.
- Design Museum — Design by Design, annual juried student design competition, a lively survey of undergraduate student talent and creativity that reflects the multidisciplinary breadth of the Department of Design. Cruess Hall.
Department of Music
- Concert Band and the San Francisco Lesbian-Gay Freedom Band — 11 a.m., Vanderhoef Quad.
- Symphony Orchestra — Mozart's Overture to Don Giovanni and Overture to Cosí fan tutte, and Beethoven's Overture to The Creatures of Prometheus. Noon, Jackson Hall, Mondavi Center for the Performing Arts.
- Jazz Combo — 1 p.m., Corin Courtyard, northeast corner, Mondavi Center for the Performing Arts.
Mondavi Center Gift Shop — Check out the assortment of spring decorative and gift items — including some you may want to give as graduation gifts. All proceeds benefit local arts education programs. 10 a.m.-2 p.m., Mondavi Center for the Performing Arts.
Return to the previous page